Friday, November 02, 2007

What's Stegan Reading?

I'm saving up for a bigger post tomorrow, so I though today I'd share links to some of the sites I've been frequenting lately. Boring, I know, but it's going to be a long month, so you're going to have to bear with me on some of these!

I can't start my day without a stop at Uni Watch- as I've mentioned before, there's something about the minutiae that draws me in- I just love it. It's sort of a little bit of mental exercise to jump start the day.

Another favorite for the first cup of coffee is the Wooster Collective site. I first discovered the site when I was looking at different Banksy stuff on the web, and I was instantly hooked by the mix of styles of street art that the site presents. I've discovered a few favorites through the site, like ABOVE, The London Police and Mark Jenkins. And it's done something else to me- every time I find myself walking down a city street, I'm always looking at what's written on the wall, or what's hiding behind that fence. Fun stuff.

I work for a hotel development company that is currently focusing a lot of its energies on New York City. And one of the work-related surfings I like to take on from time to time is to see if anyone on tha interwebs is saying anything about our NYC projects. Luckily, New York has got to be one of the most heavily blogged about cities in the world. Curbed and Gothamist are two of my favorites out of the many, with Curbed tracking the real estate and Gothamist with its finger on just about everything else.

While I read Boston.com and ESPN for most of my sports-related news, I find most of the mainstream news sites to be annoying. Maybe I'm just lazy. But I tend to use Alternet and Huffington Post as my real windows to the world. Add a quick peek at Feministing through the day, and I feel pretty well informed.

And I would be remiss if I left off my vegan support system over at Vegan Represent, the only online message board I spend my time on.

In any case, I hope I haven't bored all my new readers to tears. I promise, they won't all be like this!

No comments: