Thursday, November 29, 2007

Street Art Thursday

I know, two posts in one day? What's come over me?

Today, a picture I actually took:


I was in Portland, OR for a conference, and was walking around the southwest part of the city when I spotted this. It was written on a ledge next to the amazing Ira Keller fountain. I probably spent a few hours when I was in town at this fountain, listening, watching the water, and watching people interact with the water (It was July, and pretty warm for that part of the country).

Anyways, what grabbed me about the word "poop" written so carefully in such an obvious place was that I couldn't imagine who had written it there- a precocious 9 year old? A bored hipster with nothing else on their mind? An incontinent tourist? The fountain that day was a gathering of every type of person that the city had, so it could have been anyone...

Plus, let's face it, it's fun to say "poop" over and over again, even if it's just in your head.

No comments: