Friday, November 23, 2007

Arriving on a jet plane

Tomorrow afternoon, we fly back to the Great Flatness. I must say, a week back here in PA has made me miss here more than I ever miss the town I grew up in when I go back there. I know it's because I really became an adult here and still have many friends here and all that. But don't you think I should feel at least some sort of an attachment to the sleepy bedroom town in Massachusetts I spent the better part of 18 years living in? It perplexes me, but there's that part of me that accepts the wanderlust and has more of a fondness for where the friends are than any fixed place on a map.

Also- note to self: when you're still recovering from Thansgiving dinner, Indian food is not always the best follow-up, no matter how tasty it is. Oh the bloat!!!

1 comment:

Miss E said...

That's the way I feel about Champaign - that is home more than the place where my parents live - for exactly the same reasons.