Monday, November 03, 2008

Twelve more little hours.

I had this long winded post dreamed up to explain to the world why I voted for Barack Obama on the first day of early voting here in Illinois (yay early voting!), but sitting here, with twelve hours until the polls open, I know you don't care- there will be plenty of time for the analysis after the election.

But I can't make a completely election-free post here. Just a little while ago, Obama gave his first rally since news broke that his grandmother passed away. Here's a video:



I'm going to be completely honest; I cried like a baby watching that clip. My grandmother passed away in August, and the hurt still hasn't completely faded. I can only imagine his pain at this time when I'm sure every nerve is rubbed raw. My thoughts are with he and his family.

I implore you to do your research and get out and vote tomorrow. I don't really care who you vote for (well, I do, but you know what I mean), just that you vote. Even if you don't think your vote matters in the presidential election, remember that there are referendums and locall races that will effect you on a daily basis for years to come. Your vote does matter there- every single vote matters there. The political process as a whole can't be changed unless people like you stand up and speak.

So please vote- and don't come bitching to me about politics and politicians if you don't. I don't want to hear it.

No comments: