Friday, April 27, 2007

The Eggplant is dead, long live the Eggplant.

Just an update- the damage estimate came in around $6,800- the car is a total loss. It's sad in a way, but I'm also glad. I'd rather have had that than have them try to fix the poor thing. I will miss it.

So the question is, what next? Will it be worth it to buy another car? With the move, we'll be in a city with a stellar public transit system, that's also flat enough and safe enough to bike on a regular basis. There's also the possibility of living out my dream and getting a scooter. The main reason, of course, would be to drive around the city going "Ciao!" :)

On a major upside note, with the money from the insurance company, I will be able to pay off my car loan, making me, for the first time since I was 18, debt free. What are the odds??? Can I get a woot?

No comments: