Monday, August 13, 2007

Sharing a Birthday.

Ever since I was a kid, I've always been curious as to what's happened historically on this, my birthday, who was born then, what holidays there are, that sort of thing. Well, I've had 33 years to compile a list, and here it is:

-Birthdays:
-Fidel Castro
-Alan Shearer
-Don Ho
-Alfred Hitchcock
-Jocelyn Elders

-Happenings:
-1961- the GDR closes the border between East and West Berlin, prompting the construction of the Berlin Wall
-1987- Ronald Reagan owns up to his role in Iran-Contra

-Holidays:
- International Lefthander's Day! (a holiday that is, of course, near and dear to my heart!)

So, once I get done with this pesky work thing, I plan on sitting back and honoring the day with a rum in one hand, champagne in the other, kicking a soccer ball, watching a horror movie and doing that which Jocelyn Elders always so heartily endorsed. Should be quite a scene!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!